Homeowners Insurance in Jacksonville, FL
Your home is likely the largest investment you will ever make, and it’s important to protect it. Homeowners’ insurance is designed to pay for damage caused by events such as storms, fire, and theft. It also protects you if someone is injured while on your property.
If you have a mortgage, you are required by the mortgagee to carry homeowners’ insurance, mainly to protect them against loss for their interest in the home. However, if you don’t have a mortgage, you want homeowners’ insurance to protect YOUR ownership interest in your home, not to mention your interest in all your personal property in the home.
When choosing homeowners’ coverage, there are several things to consider:
- Does the policy pay replacement cost? Make sure the policy will pay the cost to replace your home or property that was damaged. Don’t assume all your property is covered at replacement cost, some property may only be covered for actual cash value.
- How much liability coverage will I have? If you are held liable for someone injured – or worse - at your home, your homeowners’ policy provide liability protection in these instances. Know how much coverage the policy provides.
- What are the maximum amounts paid for specific types of personal property? Some items, such as jewelry, collectibles, and firearms, are covered by a homeowners’ policy only up to a set amount. Check the policy, if the amount provided is not enough, you may want to increase the limits, schedule your specific items or take out a separate policy.
- How much of a deductible can I afford? The higher your deductible, the lower your insurance premium will be, but the more money you’ll have to pay out of pocket if you do have a loss. Following a loss, can you afford the deductible?
- What discounts are available? Depending on the policy, adding items like smoke alarms and security systems or wind mitigation credits may provide a discount for your overall premium. Bundling your homeowners’ policy with your automobile insurance (i.e., using the same insurance provider) may also provide an additional discount (when the option is available).
Policy prices vary depending on the age and location of the home, the home’s value, how much personal property you have, and your insurance deductibles. Other situations like having a swimming pool or a dog may also be a factor in your insurance premium.
Finding the best rate for the best policy is time consuming – if you do it on your own. But here at The Della Porta Group, it’s our specialty. Why not give us a call to get your insurance review today?
24/7 Customer Service
Save More Money
Get a Quote
7807 Baymeadows Road E, Suite 301,
Jacksonville, FL - 32256