Auto Insurance in Jacksonville, FL
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration data indicates that there are approximately 17,250 car crashes each day in the United States. Auto insurance is required by law for good reason. It provides protection for you and others should you be in a car crash.
Which coverages and how much insurance you need depends on several factors, including the value of the vehicle, how the vehicle is used, who is driving (and their driving records), and whether the vehicle has a lien or not. Here are some primary coverages to consider:
- Liability: This coverage pays for bodily injury and property damage to others if you are at fault for an accident. Each state has a minimum amount of liability that must be carried, but it’s smart to carry more than the minimum.
- Collision: This coverage pays for repairs to your vehicle (or payment if it is a total loss) if your vehicle is damaged in an accident. Collision is required if you have a lien on the vehicle. It also has a deductible that you will have to pay out of pocket. The higher the deductible, the lower your insurance premium.
- Comprehensive: This is another coverage that is required if you have a lien on your vehicle, and it, too, has a deductible. Comprehensive covers things like theft of the vehicle, storm damage, glass repair or replacement, and vandalism.
- Uninsured Motorist: If you are in an accident where the other party is at fault, but they don’t have insurance, uninsured motorist is designed to cover your physical damage or medical expenses.
- Underinsured Motorist: Depending on the state, this may be included within the uninsured motorist coverage. Underinsured motorist coverage is similar to uninsured motorist in that the other driver is at fault, but with underinsured motorist, the other party does have coverage, but not as much as you do. This coverage pays the difference between the amount of coverage the at-fault driver has and the amount you purchased.
There are additional coverages that you can add, such as roadside service, rental car expense reimbursement and others for the broadest possible protection.
When searching for car insurance, it’s important to compare apples to apples to find the best product for your needs. But don’t stop with “apples-to-apples,” always consider the optional coverages most beneficial to you. You also want to choose a reputable company with fast, quality, hassle-free claims service.
Finding the best policy at the best price is our job. Give us a call and let us provide you with an insurance review.
24/7 Customer Service
Save More Money
Get a Quote
7807 Baymeadows Road E, Suite 301,
Jacksonville, FL - 32256